Monday, August 24, 2009

Progress - end o' week 15

No loss, but no gain either. I said I wanted to make it to the gym two times this week. I didn't make it there at all. At the last moment I put Jonas in swim lessons M-TH with his buddy, Joseph. There goes my week day work outs. I didn't have time over the weekend 'cause I was "busy" lounging around the house. Ha ha. Seriously, we were bummin' it this weekend. It felt good to have a real "free" weekend. I asked Jonas if he wanted to go to Adventure City, the Aquarium or go visit his friend Aiden (and my friend Anja). He chose to visit friends, so we went a bummed part of the day with them.

I ate good stuff this week, but I ate a LOT of it. Oh well. I'll do better this week...I promise...**crosses fingers**

Our sleep schedules have been off this weekend. After we came home from Anja and Aiden's, I took a nap. I didn't get up in time for us to catch a movie or really anything else, so we rented Air Bud from Blockbuster. It was after 10 pm when the movie was done. Needless to say, it was a late night. We slept till 10 am on Sunday (11:30 church rocks!!!), and after church and lunch, Jonas fell asleep on Grandpa's chair for almost 2 hours. He never does that anymore and I was enjoying just watching him sleep in front of the fan. It was a beautiful sight (for a mom). I knew he wouldn't be tired at a decent hour so I didn't even try to get him to bed till 10. 10:30. 11. 11:30. At 12 AM I gave the final "mean mom" GO TO BED AND STAY THERE warning. I laid my head down at 12:30 and within a few minutes I heard (and felt) my boy sneaking into my room and crawling into my bed. I ignored it and just hoped he'd sleep.

At 1:30 I was roused because I was hot, opened my eyes and guess what... Jonas was staring back at me! That was slightly disturbing and funny at the same time. I'm pretty sure he still hadn't slept. He then proceeds to talk to me in a normal volume, in full detail, and not in the voice of a tired boy. I can't describe it more. It was a "you had to be there" moment. But it was memorable. I hope he is okay at school today and taking full advantage of nap time.

4 comments:

  1. Hey! Where did you put Jonas into swimming? Do you like it? Jane really wants to start so she can be on a swimming team. I wasn't pleased with Thompson park, but I haven't found a replacement yet. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey becs. love the ww updates. great job btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hil - Jonas is doing swimming at Thompson park. I heard that in La Mirada there are swimming lessons at the Splash Swim Park. I've not heard any reviews on them though; just that they are available.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessie5:51 AM

    Hey girl! My phone and internet are fixed! And we booked our flights too! Nov 22-27. Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete