My contribution:
We've been doing construction on the house. It's been a long time coming. When I was little my dad would spend every evening working outside on projects. It's been nice seeing him investing himself into the house.
On Friday, my dad and Jonas were up in the attic (mostly just a tall crawl space). Jonas would hand him tools that my Mom would hand up the ladder. Dad told Jonas to watch his step. A minute later we heard a yelp, a crashing sound, and saw debris flying in the living room...
My dad's foot had created a sky-light. His pride was hurt more than the few scrapes on his leg.
But the best part was that for the next 20 minutes, Jonas talked constantly, "...Grandpa. You fell and your foot went in the living room and now there's a hole. Why is there a hole? 'Cause you fell, huh!? Mommy, Grandpa fell and there's a hole and his foot made a hole...Grandma, ..." NON-STOP for 20 minutes. It was hilarious. Finally my dad told him to stop talking to him...
"Grandma, why doesn't Grandpa want me to talk to him?! ... But why is he sad? About the hole? Because his foot made a hole? Mommy..."
Kids make it real.
Another funny thing is that a few days later the contractor made a similar hole on the same ceiling so now Jonas calls the big patch grandpa's hole and the small patch - Rodel's hole.
ReplyDeleteHey Becca! That is hilarious! Kids definately do keep it real. So glad I came across your blog!
ReplyDeleteOh, how I wish I had been there. I am laughing so hard. I can see it all so clearly--Dan, wishing Jonas would just shut up already and Jonas innocently going on and on while the two of you try to stiffle raucous laughter. Oh, good times.
ReplyDeleteThat's hilarious! My brother did the same thing in my parent's living room in their BRAND NEW house - seriously, it was probably 3 months old, just built. My dad was NOT happy! But he fixed it and when I went home to visit I couldn't even tell where the whole had been. THAT made my dad proud!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your enjoyment of summer. Good luck with the gym thing. :)