Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Progress (or not) - end o' week 3

Okay, so I've been officially been harassed for not posting yet. Sorry. But seriously, I've been busy. I'm in an intense training program to become an internal auditor for ISO ******** (I don't know if it is confidential, so I won't say too much right now). It's been really interesting and what I've been needing. I've been craving growth and missing school. The class has reminded me of one of my favorite classes at CSUDH. And the training has been ALL day and I've been trying to get other work done during lunch.

So enough excuses...I didn't do well this week. I stayed within my points, but still gained 2 pounds. I'm not giving up or loosing motivation. I know I'm doing good things and am looking for new ways to improve. I know I do better on weeks when I have lots of fresh produce. I've had many temptations (peanut M&M's for example) and haven't fit in any activity points.

Feedback please - I'm having a difficult time fitting in time to work out. I work full time and usually have a few nights each week that are busy. I don't like the idea of spending time at the gym when I have my son with me. I don't get to see him enough as it is. I've attempted to include him in activity. We've gone to the park to run around, but he's so whiny right now. But that's a different blog. There isn't enough room in my room to do videos and the living room isn't available. I'm not trying to be negative, but to show my obstacles. Suggestions please.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Becca! long time no talk, but I wanted to comment :) keep the positive, i too am doing the same thing right now. Bike riding seems to be awesome, I can do it with my Hubby and it makes it fun to go different places around the neighborhood and stuff. I bet your kiddo would love that as well and you would get your daily calorie burn and special time with your kid.

    xoxox good luck!!
    Kindle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie5:39 AM

    I have subscribed to this awesome site that gives you meal plans using the WW points system. They take the stores sale flyer and using the ingredients that are on sale they create 7 yummy and very easy meals for you. They give you a grocery list that is very easy to customize too. And they stay within a certain price range. If you got the Wal-mart one for 2 people the groceries would be only $35-$45 per week. If you are interested, click the link below and use the coupon code Dave to get 3 months of meals for only $12.50. That price is better than a cookbook!

    E-MEALZ Easy Meals for Busy and Frugal Families

    I have a suggestion about the bike riding. I highly suggest getting a PATHFINDER BIKE TRAILER. We got one before Ellie could balance on her own and keep up with us and it was wonderful! It really made her enjoy biking with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, did I forget to mention that my center of balance isn't great. That makes bike riding not so fun. ...keep the suggestions coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swimming. He'll love going and you can get quite the workout just keeping your kid from drowning. We've had a lot of fun with it and the kids love it. Especially my 4 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take him for walks with you after dinner. Walking is great for you and at least you're doing something. Bring a wagon or a bike for him so if he gets tired before you're done, you can just pull him. Then you're getting a strength workout, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessie4:17 AM

    Google it! Exercising With Kids -- There are tons of tips for busy parents. Make a list of all the good ideas that you can do, then you will have a wide variety every day to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks you guys. Swimming will be great (Reminder to self: make friends with people with pools). I really have some great options now that the days are so long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You could put Jonas in a wagon and pull him around the block so you get cardio and muscle building or you could get one of those things that kids sit in that is pulled by a bike and take him for a ride :) That would be a great workout for you and he would love it!!!! He could even take toys in it :) I see parents with them at the beach all the time :) This way you spend time with him and exercise :)

    ReplyDelete