Monday, June 22, 2009

Progress - end o' week 6

Yes, you are correct…I did skip the end of week 5. But in my defense, this last week was really busy. So on to the results --> At the end of week 5 (the day after I came home from camping) I had gained 1 lbs. I wasn’t that surprised because I didn’t practice portion control or sticking to filling foods when on the trip. I ate grilled cheese, full fat (chicken) hot dogs, and basically anything else that we could eat warm. The trip ended up being cold for 21 hours per day. Seriously crazy June gloom we’ve been having in So. Cal. I’ll post more about camping later – with pictures.

Anyway, today I weighed in and had lost over 6 lbs. WOW! Even I was shocked! That’s 18 lbs in total people. I’m pretty happy to be losing at this rate especially when I had such a hard week last week. I hadn’t planned well and ate out a few times (which always uses up more points). I had used up all my weekly points by Thursday night and I was surviving on activity points. I am proud of myself that I got to the gym twice this week (which adds to the busy-ness of the week).

Have I told everyone that the best time to hit the gym is Friday nights? It’s a good thing I don’t have a life or date… ‘cause it’s like having the gym to myself. Plus I went really late. Tuesday night I went to the gym, took Jonas, and met my friend Lorie, her fiancĂ© and her son Joseph there. Jonas & Joseph played in the kid area together. Having the gym act as a play date alleviates my guilt about abandoning him to work out. I know that he is having fun (he’d rather play with Joseph than me anyway), and he is being active. I’ve been enjoying my work outs lately too. I got an IPod Nano to help with the mundane nature of the elliptical. I’m trying to work on building muscle too. I’ve been blown away at how weak I am now. I’ve had to start with the lowest weight on most machines. At least I’ll be able to see growth.

Off point, but too yummy to not blog about, was my dinner with “my girls” on Thursday night. We went to El Polla Inka in Gardena. This was so tasty, but not low in points. Well it wasn’t the way I did it. LOL! The bread is served with a spicy creamy cilantro sauce/salsa, entrees come with a tasty chicken rice cilantro soup, the entrees are big and full of flavor, and the fried sweet plantains were some of the best I’ve ever had. I’m craving them right now **mouth watering**. The funny thing is that I hate bananas. They actually turn my stomach sometimes. But plantains don’t do that. I’m glad. Dinner was great and the company was better.

Saturday I went to my first drive-in theatre. I went with a group from church and had a blast watching the double feature and trying to stay warm (that darn gloom!). I can’t wait to go again. Maybe I’ll make it a family trip. Sunday we make Korean BBQ, El Pollo Loco flavored chicken, Chinese chicken salad, the best fruit salad, asparagus… It was a great Father’s Day filled with family. It was a great week overall.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats girl!! I've been slacking, but you just motivated me! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so I was going to say something about how great you were looking yesterday when I was talking to you, but I wasn't sure if you've reached that stage yet when you're sick of the comments. But how exciting that you lost so much!
    I tried on my "goal" pants the other day and I can zip them, breathe in them and even squat! Think it's time to sew that button back on! (it popped off on an earlier fitting!) hee hee
    Anywho, back to you! You are looking fabulous! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic Becca!!!!! Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessie6:25 PM

    So glad you posted! It's great to hear that your progress is good. 18 lbs...wow!

    ReplyDelete