Monday, May 18, 2009

Progress

I’ve been with Weight Watchers for less than one week and I’ve lost 6 pounds. YAY!!! It’s good to see that my efforts have been working. I can even see the results. My face looks slightly slimmer and my work pants were a little bit looser this morning. Nothing huge, but still something.

I haven’t found it to be difficult either. It has just taken pre-planning. I was finding food to be boring and that led to bad decisions. Now it’s a fun challenge to see what I can fit into my daily points and I’m eating interesting things. This morning I ate grapefruit. I have mandarin oranges, blueberries, and mango to choose from to snack on. If I want something else I have hummus and crackers. For lunch I have grilled chicken, brown rice and I’ll get fresh pico de gallo and salsa from the lunch truck. See what I mean about exciting!

Before I didn’t plan and so food was a chore. It was a constant battle. It’s interesting to see what foods that I already love are good for me and will keep me full. It’s also interesting to see which ones sabotage my day. At work we always have a candy jar full of chocolate (which I am responsible for filling) and other goodies. I have been so good! I have not had any and haven’t felt any loss. I have snacks that are better and I know that that I can that eat cinnamon roll that is worth 6 points that won’t curb my hunger, or I can eat a huge sandwich for 5.5 points that will last me hours. It’s my choice.

6 comments:

  1. Amazing job!! And I'm seriously lovin' your attitude! It's really motivating so keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:58 PM

    I'm so excited for you! 6lbs already?!?! That's so good! Like you said, you already have the confidence, now you can focus on staying healthy :-)

    I wish Weight Watchers still had their Pregnancy Plan :-(

    I just hope that the baby will pull from the fat I already have stored. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo hoo! loss is a gain.... eh you know what i mean. btw try adding urself now :) WW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sun- Adding myself? Are you talking about your blog I can never read?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessie4:06 PM

    What a GREAT POST! How motivating. I plan on reading it again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, good for you Becca! I need to figure out Weight Watchers. It is the best all around, healthy and successful plan. The braces worked for me for a year but I regained it all. I can't wait to see you in July. Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete