Monday, May 25, 2009

Pampered Chef Product Review #1

I decided that this might be a good forum for me to review my experience with some of my Pampered Chef products. So here goes my first one.

Tonight we had a BBQ for my mom's b-day and had some yummy food. See picture:
I have been dying to try the new PC Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce and figured this was a great time to try it. We BBQ'ed some boneless skinless chicken tenderloins after brining them in salt/sugar water for a bit. As soon as they came off the grill I spread on the sauce. They were a hit! The sauce could be used for so many other things too. One suggestion from the bottle is to put it on top of vanilla ice cream. I think that would be good. I'll let you know once I try it. The only dislike about this sauce for spreading on meat is that there were chunks of fruit in it. While those chucks were vary tasty, they made the spreading more difficult.

I give this product 4.5 out of 5 stars.
The next product up for review is the Pineapple Wedger. This product was fairly easy to use and made two perfect half moons/circles of pinapple with using moderate pressure. My brother commented on a little bit of wasted good meat still left on the shell of the pineapple. True. However, the core came out perfectly, which made up for a little bit of waste. There would not be any way to make a one-size-fits-all-pineapples perfect. After having two large sections of the pineapple cut, we put the pieces on the grill for a bit. I then cut each section into slices. It was so good and an easy way to grill pineapple.
I give this tool a 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment