Have you ever had the experience where your talking with someone, you're really hitting it off, he's totally cute (or just not disgusting) and then... Nothing.
I've had a few of these experiences over the last couple months. I've met someone, somewhere, and we have a great time getting to know each other a little and at the end of the night I'm left wondering if I was supposed to get THEIR number!?! I'm not an expert or anything, but isn't it the guy's job? Is that too old school?
Then there comes the rationalization - Maybe this one guy is just a nice guy who LOVES my son (not in a creepy way). Maybe the other guy was shy. Maybe the other guy _________...
I get that it's hard. The risk of rejection is hard. So I've tried to make it easier. I've even made sure a guy (or more) had my number, but then no call. A guy friend of mine says that if he doesn't call me (or call me back) then he isn't interested.
So, who made the first move? Is it true that it won't go anywhere unless the man is the pursuer? Is it too much to ask to be pursued (again, not in a creepy way)?
Friday, March 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm old fashioned, wait to be persued.
ReplyDeleteSO Rich totally asked me out the second time I had seen him. Only he didn't take my number! I was able to track him down, mainly because I had an institute question for him. And here we are now, married for almost 12 years now!!! Can you believe that it has been that long already??
ReplyDeleteNo, you can't have my number until you post another entry ;-)
ReplyDeleteOkay so I PROMISE I am not weird!!!! Sure, I don't know you but I came to your site from one of your friends and thought you looked familiar. Nope, didn't know ya but read your post anyway...aaaah embarrassing sorry!!!! But HAD to respond to your plight. YOU MUST READ THE RULES!!!! Anything and everything you need to know is in them. My girlfriends and I swore by them in L.A. whilst on the dating scene and they worked EVERY time...when followed. Forget what you've heard about them, if you have, and BUY THE BOOK!!! You will NEVER ask again, why why why, because you will know and your heart won't get hurt =(. I still help my single friends and younger sister stay strong with them and I don't mind being that rock cuz I remember how hard it was. Like I said, I promise I am not creepy and you can email me if you have any questions!!! dollcosmetics@gmail.com Oh yeah, my name is Jen and I have a cosmetics blog that your friend at "The Royal Buffington's" follows =). Get the book, get the book LOL.
ReplyDelete