Thursday, June 10, 2010

Creative June

Well a lot has happened since I last blogged. I am now the Young Women President in my ward. I'm having a great time and I have amazing girls in my ward. I think sometimes I'm getting more out of YW then they are. Ha ha.
When I was a YW we made button dolls that sit on a shelf and the button limbs hang. It was cute, but who really needs a button doll for more than 10 years?!
My friend Hillary was telling me of how easy it was to make hair decorations. All we needed was fabric, felt, needle & thread, hot glue and buttons. So my button doll was disassembled for the cause.

Aren't the hair pieces cute? I can't wait to make more! I think this will help fulfill my creative bug and actually be useful. Thanks Hill!! You're the best! Oh, and the few girls that showed up loved making them too. Success!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Haha, yeah for the button doll! So glad you posted it. I was having the HARDEST time picturing it in my head. :)
    Glad you had a fun time. I had a blast. If you're still interested in the bag my sis-in-law sells them pre-made and special order. She has a bunch already made you could browse, or you can pick out your own fabric. My offer still stands, but she has made SEVERAL of them and I only one, so you probably would get a better deal out of her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on YW Pres. Such a great opportunity for you and for the girls you get to work with! So sorry we didn't get together last week. Your Mom reported that all is going well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete