Yeah, so blogging hasn't been going so well in the last few months...
Anyway - I guess I haven't blogged because I don't want to make it seem all negative. But it's not all positive either. I think I need something extreme one way or another for me to feel inspired to blog about it.
Some recent accomplishments:
1. I just folded three batches of laundry I did LAST WEEK (now I need to put them away)
2. I just put together some lentil soup that will cook all day tomorrow.
3. I've finished watching all 6 seasons of The Office except for the episodes not out yet. I've created a strong relationship with the crew down at Blockbuster.
4. I've been reading more with Jonas and I've seen improvements in his skills. He is one smart kid. It's fun to watch his successes and growth. I think this effort has also improved his mood, happiness level, and his relationship with me.
5. I've actually called some people I care about. (Sometimes it feels so hard to pick up the phone)
6. I started a cash budgeting system in January and have done really well with it. This has lead to being able to take a real look at my finances and get a plan together. Pay off debt: I've paid off 1 credit card, I have one more that should be gone once I get my tax return, and all I'll have left is my student loan. Feels good. Make more money. Which leads to -
7. I've put a nice looking resume together. I'm not in a rush to jump ship, I just need to be prepared for where I am being led. It may be time to back out of the dead end.
8. I had another birthday and had fun celebrating it. On the day of I had to work, but everyone there makes it so special. Plus I was giving my mom a hard time about how she often forgets my birthday, so she made it a point to send me flowers and a birthday baloon to my work. I didn't need that, but it was nice that she put in the effort. Plus they were beautiful. I hung with Jonas that night. We went to Red Robin and then watched The Lightning Theif, which was really good. The next evening I went out with most of my best friends to Maggiano's at the Grove in LA. So good. We ate family style so there was SO MUCH FOOD! The food was amazing, but the company was even better. It was a great girls night out, but even better because they were all MY girls!
There are a LOT of things that I had hoped to have accomplished by now, but they take away from the success I have had. So I'll save those for another post.
Thursday, March 04, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm learning that you have to celebrate the little accomplishments. They aren't so little.
ReplyDeleteI love getting a lot of little stuff done. Shows so much more that doing big stuff! No idea why!
ReplyDeleteOh, when I read about the laundry I actually got a touch jealous. Seriously? Whoever thought ANYONE would be jealous about laundry? But here I am. I suppose it's because my dryer is broken and it's just hard to do without a dryer making everything warm and soft. As it is I have to drape things all over the house. haha. But it's so great to see all your accomplishments. I'm glad your birthday went well. Any plans for this weekend? I wanna girls night out! :)
ReplyDeleteWow you got a lot done! And big time stuff too! Love you!
ReplyDeleteHil - We are totally due for a girls night out!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I forgot to tell you that you inspired me and I am back on track with the envelope system....THANKS!
ReplyDeleteJust thought I'd mention -
ReplyDeleteThe little girl I watch before/after school will be transferring out of our district next year so I won't be watching her after this school year. That means I'll have 2 extra seats in my car to shuttle kids to/from school in case you hear of anyone looking for alternate child care. :) Thanks for keeping an ear out! :)