Thursday, July 16, 2009

Does being single stink?

Last Saturday I had a conversation with a girl and she said, "...yeah, but being single SUCKS!" It really got me thinking. Being single doesn't suck. I'm happier now (in my single status) then I ever was before. I'm TOTALLY single. Not even dating. And I'm really happy. I am provided with so many opportunities to do really fun stuff. Last Saturday I went to the Newport Beach Temple with my other single friends. Later that afternoon I went to a mid-single (27 - 45) activity from church. We went kayaking and then had a corn roast at the beach. I had so much fun AND I didn't have to do all the work. Other weekends I get to do kid friendly stuff too. Jonas and I go to the aquarium, the park, visit other friends, movies... I get some of the best of both worlds.

Don't get me wrong. I don't always want to be single and would like something, but not just anything. It has to be something great. I guess the point is that even though I’m not living the dream, I can have a great time living "Plan B". It's all about the attitude.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! What a wonderful attitude! I'm sure that everyone has something in their lives that they aren't satisfied (Single vs. married status being one of them). You'll always be happier if you cherish where you are.

    ReplyDelete