
Tonight (1/13/09) Jen and I went to see John Legend. The concert was at the Gibson Amphitheatre (Universal Studios). It was a booty-shakin' great time. Ok...our booties never left our chairs thanks to being in the second row of the mezzanine and the people in front of us being melo or gone most of the time, but we had a great time, bobbed our heads, shoulders and shook our booties within the confines of our comfy chairs. He was such a great performer and the opening act was Estelle (she sings "American Boy"). Here's a little clip of one of their duets:
I didn't get any great pics of the night, but my hair looked great. I tried to capture it, but alas, not much luck...Here's my attempt:


Lucky girl! I love love love John Legend. And Estelle must have been great too!! Oddly enough when I went to a taping of Tyra Banks way back in the day before he was huge, John Legend was on the show and performed. He was so great! During the break this girl from the audience went up to sing and he snuck out, got on his piano, and started playing the song she was singing to give her some backup music. I thought that was just about the nicest thing any celebrity could do! The girl was soooo excited that he was her pianist! And ever since then, I have been totally in love with him! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous! I love John Legend and my kids love that song "American Boy". It must have been amazing. Love the blog! Keep up the good work !
ReplyDelete