
On November 1st Brent & Karina, Eric & Heather and Jonas & I went to Downtown Disney for dinner. I wanted to take Jonas to the Rainforest Cafe because he loves animals and I had never been. When we got there it was a two hour wait so we walked around first.
Long story short, we went into Build-A-Bear and were watching them make the stuffed animals. Jonas was interested in the process and when he saw the dinosaur one he fell in love. *Side note: I don't take my child into stores like this unless I understand the possibility of walking out with one. I had been thinking about it for a while (all his cousins have one) and we were feeling it out.* Anyway, there are different sounds that you can put into the animals. They had one that roared three times. I had a better idea. We got one that you can record onto and had Jonas do his best roar. It took a while, but we got a great recording and it will live forever (until the battery dies) in the dino. He got to name it; he came up with T-Rex Flash Dino. We call him Flash for short.
Jonas loves the box/holder Flash came in and he calls it his house. At the Rainforest Cafe there are storms every 22 minutes. Jonas was pretty scared each time and said that Flash was scared in his house. Dinner was good, but do to some mishaps, we ended up getting a free Volcano dessert. Yummy! It took 6 people to eat it and had a little left over. It was a really good night and Jonas re-told the story of Flash's creation the next day for Grandma. Some other cool things: A birth certificate was printed with all of Flash's info. There is also a paper scan bar inside so if it is ever lost and then returned to Build-A-Bear, they will be able to get it back to us. I'm more impressed than I thought I'd be, plus Jonas loves it!

If the battery does die, you can take it back and they will open Flash up for you! I have a friend that her daughter make a bear and stuff all of her pacifiers inside before it was sewn up. She liked it because she could still feel the pacifiers inside the bear so it was a comfort even if they were not in her mouth!
ReplyDeleteJessie