
In September I went to San Francisco for a Mid-Singles Conference (Ages 27ish-45ish). It was a weekend loaded with fun activities. It all started Friday night. I couldn't miss work that day 'cause my boss was going to be gone most of the month. I left work a little early, Brent drove me to the airport, and Adriana picked me up at SFO. I was going to drive up with her, but she was gracious enough to agree to pick me up. She brought along Brad "Car Pool Dummy." Just kidding. Brad was awesome. He got us a great deal on our hotel rooms and I had a blast with him. We stayed at the Airport Marriott. The beds were so nice, great sheets, big down comforter, and four huge pillows. I know it was worth way more than we paid. Go Priceline!!!
That night was a big party at the Metreon Center. There was a DJ, speed dating, amazing views off the great patio, food, and at the end of the night a double-decker bus tour of the city. I wasn't prepared for how cold it was on the bus tour and even though they had fleece blankets for us I still froze my butt off (and everything else that is attached to it.) I spent most the time trying to keep as much of my body covered that I didn't see much of what the tour guide was talking about. I felt chilled all weekend because of that night. I was still a fun night though.
Saturday was lunch and games at Crissy Field (a park at the base of the Golden Gate Bridge). This was my favorite part of the weekend (besides the hotel). Adriana, Brad, and Cheryl (Adriana's old friend) all went with a group to walk across the bridge and I stayed to play volleyball. I had a great time and surprised people with how well I played. Not that I was good, just that I didn't suck. Then I switched to Bocce ball. I had never played this before and I had a blast. Plus I met some great people from Provo (not that I remember any names). We played ladder golf and I got a chance to walk down to the water. I got a little sun burnt on my cheeks, but nothing too bad.
Saturday night was a boat cruise through the bay. I didn't want to be miserable so I opted to ignore looking fashionable for keeping my core warm. I think I had 8 layers on. 2 under layers, warm tank top, long sleeve shirt with matching tank that I wear together, thermal style sweater, corduroy jacket and a scarf. The layers made it possible for me to enjoy the beauty of the bay and the sights. Totally worth it! The wind was crazy! I had a great time and had a great conversation with a guy that gave me a lot of hope.
Sunday was a great Sacrament meeting and fireside at the Oakland Temple. I drove home with Adriana and Brad on Monday. I had a great time, made a new friend Cheryl, and got out of town. I'd go again (just not on the bus tour...lol)!

Sorry! We talked so long my phone died! Anyway, I have 2 tickets for you if you decide to come out. Love you!
ReplyDeleteJessie