So have (both of) you noticed I haven't posted lately? One simple reason is that surf controls are back up at work. LOL!! Not joking! And I've been spending less time online in the evenings.
Weight related: I haven't been good with the Weight Watchers stuff. Haven't tracked and have barely weighed in. I'm getting back on track tomorrow. I've travelled a few weekends and had other things throw me off. But... it surprised me to see that I was down. If last week's weigh in was accurate, I'm down a total of 30 pounds. I'm a little sceptical, so we'll see tomorrow morning.
Traveling: I went to Salt Lake City last weekend for General Conference. It was AMAZING and it was the first time I had been there for conference. My favorite moment was singing "We thank the O God for a Prophet" with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir while standing a hundred feet away from President Thomas S. Monson. So precious. We (Sarah, Eileen, and I) were able to stay at my cousin Risa's super cute condo. Big shout out for her hospitality. I met one of Eileen's old friends and one of Sarah's. I totally love these new friends.
Jonas: He is having a hard time in Kindergarten and it isn't because he isn't capable, he is just so strong willed. He has spectacular days, good days, and really bad days. It all depends on his attitude and how much effort he wants to put into his work. His teacher is amazing though. She is working so hard for his benefit. Plus Isaiah has been able to step in and be a part of the positive and negative reinforcement. It seems to be helping. Jonas doesn't care about disappointing me, but he doesn't want to upset his daddy.
Me: I have good days, bad days, and everything in between. I have hope though and am working on making my life better and being a better person. Life is all about growth right now. I'm trying not to stress about the little things and am getting better at the big picture. Life is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About time
ReplyDeleteI <3 you Becca! Trice is also in Kindergarten, and even though her teacher hasn't said anything, I'm more than certain that she has days like that also! I can tell when it's homework time! Either all is good or everything results in the end of the world!
ReplyDeleteGreat attitude!
ReplyDeleteI often wonder about Alex at school. He's such a scatterbrain at home that I can't quite believe his teacher hasn't sent home a note about it yet. Well, parent-teacher conferences are this week, so we'll know for sure! :)
He hates his homework, though, and often says, "It's hard!" Then when we go over it, he grins and says, "That was easy-peasy." Go figure. He's a boy.
Wow, a strong willed child. Yeah, your Mom and I don't know what a strong willed first child is like. Haha You are both worth it. Love you! Risa said you even made it up here for a little bit. Sorry we missed you.
ReplyDeleteBecca, I gave you an award on my blog ;)
ReplyDelete